Beauty Review | Cheaper Alternative of a Beauty Blender.

Monday, May 27, 2013


I can't believe how time flies by - I realized I had this little hot pink beauty blender in my hands for over a week now. It's the one that changed the way I apply my make up and makes it look flawless.

bought from here


I'm sure you all heard the rave about the original beauty blender when it first came out - everyone was screaming and shouting at how great it was. I used to always listen but never believe - how a damp sponge can apply make up better than brushes? The whole concept seemed unbelievable to me - and so was the price, the original one is priced at $19.95. It seems like a lot of money for a sponge? As time went buy I thought why not search my old friend eBay for a cheaper alternative and boy did I found one. There were tons and tons of China sellers with the cheap beauty blender version - the original 'teardrop' shaped one and the one that I got which is shaped a little more different. And I paid $1.79 for it!


The sponge itself is pretty big and I like that because it can blend the foundation onto my face much quicker. I also use the pointed end to apply concealer under my eyes and on blemishes.

Now onto application - it works wonderfully. I haven't tried the original one and I'm sure it's better (I judge by the price difference) but I'm completely okay with having just this one. I used to apply my foundation with my fingers or using a brush but this is way better. I dot the foundation all over my face, as I always did, and then bounce the dampened sponge onto my face to distribute it evenly. This sponge is pretty hard and not as easy going as I had imagined but I don't mind it. It makes for the prettiest coverage - obviously depends on what you are using. I use a light/medium coverage foundation and it covers everything I need it to. Doesn't feel heavy and my skin is left glowy all because of this little sponge.

I don't know if it works the same on everyone - maybe it's just me - but I truly love it and I know I will buying this again. 
If you're interested - I bought it from eBay here.

Have you tried the beauty blender? What are your thoughts?




20 comments:

  1. I really want to try one of these! Lovely review honey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so buying this! But which one do I get? This one or the teardrop shaped, is there any difference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally think this one is much more convenient, and I like the shape better. Haven't tried the other one though.

      Delete
  3. This sounds really good, I think I need to order one asap!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought the cosmo version from my local superdrug and I love it! Just in case anyone wasn't sure about ordering from china or whatever :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are the cosmo version it's just not available for me! If you live in the UK? it's much easier to go and get one :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a bargain xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, do you find it absorbs up much of your foundation at all? Does your foundation last longer after using it or have you not noticed any difference? I'm really considering making an order! xx

    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry for such a late reply! I thought I would reply nevertheless. I don't find that it absorbs much at all, my brushes did a worse job that the beauty blender. I've noticed a huge difference in lasting power, but I started using new foundation too so it might be it. I definitely suggest you order it! For the price it's really worth it!

      Delete
  7. I got this recently too, but I got it in a set with the traditional shaped one. Still not sure I am using it right yet though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's no certain way to use it. You just do what works for you! I've seen people use it completely diferent than me, I'm just looking for a way that it would show the best results on my skin! :)

      Delete
  8. Great post! Found you through 'scoop tub' so glad I did:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely post, I have been wanting to try the Beauty Blender but it just seems so pricey for a sponge hah, it's good to know that there is an alternative out there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is way too overpriced in my opinion! no matter how good it is :) x thanks for reading!

      XO, Eve. ♥

      Delete
  10. I heard all the hype about the beaut blender too! The fact you should use it wet put me off a bit though :/ so tempted to try this version though! So cheap & it sounds like it makes a difference xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind it being damp at all, I kinda got used to it :) it really does make a difference! x

      Delete

Comments means a lot! Thanks for talking to me. I answer every single one ♥

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or tweet me @chantellieve.

Talk to you soon, Eve XO

Design by | SweetElectric