Thursday Tag | This or That (Book Edition)

Thursday, May 2, 2013


Another day, another series. I'm on a sudden idea overflow and decided on one more series - Thursday Tags. I believe these weekly series will help to have some kind of routine without being too overwhelming with scheduled posts week to week. I promise I will keep a lot of spontaneous posts coming too!
I was tagged by the lovely Julia to do this tag and I immediately did! So here's my answers for all of you lovelies!

Audio books or book in hand?

Book in hand for sure! I don't think I would enjoy someone else's voice. I like to read it and imagine it all. If you didn't know - I have a very nice imagination and like to drown in a book if you might!
Soft or hard cover?
I had to think about this and decided that I like hard cover books more - they seem more sturdy and as a clumsy person I am I would probably spill something on a soft cover book and ruin it. 
Fiction or non-fiction?
I love fictional books! I've read a book called The Road of Lost Innocence by Somaly Mam and it was a non-fictional book where the author tells about her teenage years in sexual slavery. Very touching and interesting and from that I really want to read more non-fictional books, I just haven't yet.
Fantasy world or real-life issues?
Fantasy world! The whole another universe and thinking really inspires me. I don't know what it is about it - I just can't get enough. As I said - I love imagining and creating a world in my head.
Harry Potter or Twilight?
I remember when I first read Twilight. Stayed up till 5 am to finish the whole book in one night. I was a crazy book-worm back then, and still am. Nevertheless, Harry Potter is way more awesome. I cried and kept shaking while reading the last book. Very interesting experience, I might say!
Kindle, iPad or other?
Never read on any of those. I have my trusty phone if I really want a book and it's still not translated. But I love hard copies way more than e-books.
Borrow or buy?
Borrow! Never bought a book, except in my childhood, just because I personally think it's a waste of money since I never read a book twice and they are super expensive! Libraries offer a large variety of books and I like that.
Book store or buy online?
Book store! I love the variety and all different books in every corner. It's my sacred place. I usually go there for inspiration of books I want to borrow from the library.
Standalone or series?
Series, because I hate the feeling of a book ending and never knowing how it all got from there. I love that I can continue on with my favorite character adventures. Also, series usually end way more settled as standalone books end with a cliffhanger. 
Monster read or short and sweet?
Monster read! I love getting into the huge book and going through pages and pages of never-ending story.
Starry eyed romance or full of action?
Full of action, just because I easily get bored with a book and want more action. I love romance too - just haven't read anything in a while - maybe know would be the time? 
Curl up in your snuggie or lay in the sun?
Lay in the sun. I love reading outside while tanning. Sunglasses, music and a good book - perfect summer day for me. I'm also one of those odd people that doesn't hear anything around while reading, I just get so invested in the story-line!
Hot chocolate or latte?
Hot chocolate ♥
Read the review or decide for yourself?
Both. I love reading book reviews because they give me inspiration on what to pick up next, but I'm more than okay picking book by myself.
Hope you liked this sweet post! If you decide to do this - leave your post in the comments! I would love to read it. Also, if you have any suggestion on my future reads, leave them bellow (warning, I have read A LOT of books!)



8 comments:

  1. Yay you're quick! I absolutely loved reading this <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear for tagging me! I thought it would be a good introductory post to my book reviews in the future! ♥

      Delete
  2. love this post!! theres something a little special about a hardback book! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I don't quite know what it is... :) thank you, dear! x

      Delete
  3. Such a fun tag! May have to borrow it for myself and do one! I completely agree with you on the Harry Potter question - I remember crying and shaking like crazy reading the last one. I used a whole box of tissues! I also love sitting outside with a good book - so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet someone with the same interests! Do one and send me a link afterwards, would love to read it! :)

      Delete
  4. Hey there, I enjoyed reading this post. I much prefer paper backs- so much easier to hold!
    I really love your blog and it’d be great if we could follow each other. Let me know on my blog? Thanks, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like my blog - follow it. I would never follow a blog just to 'follow each other' simply because if I don't like it - I wouldn't read or comment on it, so why would I? Anyway, I think it's pointless. Thanks for asking and reading, though :)

      Delete

Comments means a lot! Thanks for talking to me. I answer every single one ♥

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or tweet me @chantellieve.

Talk to you soon, Eve XO

Design by | SweetElectric