Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in In Vogue | A Review

Tuesday, December 10, 2013


this was the first lipstick I bought (kind of a shocking color for a first lippie!). I wanted to get into brights and this was on sale so I thought 'why not?' and snagged it!
it is a gorgeous dark fuschia shade in the bullet and it transfers almost exactly like that onto my lips. I often like to mix it with a lighter pink lipstick because I'm still scared of wearing bright lipstick and it makes a wearable everyday shade.
it's marketed as a lasting finish lipstick and because of that it's on a drying side. it's also really pigmented and as I'm pretty clumsy while applying lipstick, it often ends up being all over the place. it definitely has a staining effect and leaves a nice tint to your lips after it's worn off. this also means if you apply it a little on your skin, it looks weird and I have to scrub it off so it wouldn't look as red (: this definitely requires a mirror while applying because you don't want to mess it up!
the wear time is good 3-4 hours in my opinion, as I said, I often mix it so I can't tell you exactly but maybe even longer than that because of it's semi-matte finish.
overall, it's a great lipstick but make sure it's for you, because I think it looks pretty weird on my by itself. swatches are your best friend! the formula is great and doesn't bring out little imperfections in your lips which is always a plus in my book.

have you tried anything from the lasting finish range by rimmel? 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely first lippie! I was terrified to get a dark color so I settled with a light pink for my first!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  2. I originally wanted to get something light but this was the only one on sale and I didn't have much money with me so I settled with this :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments means a lot! Thanks for talking to me. I answer every single one ♥

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or tweet me @chantellieve.

Talk to you soon, Eve XO

Design by | SweetElectric