Catrice Prime and Fine Illuminating Base | Review & Swatches

Sunday, October 26, 2014

















As the weather is getting chilly, at least here in Lithuania, my skin has been getting more and more dry. The wind is seriously hurting my face nowadays, which leads to it needing more nourishing with both skincare and makeup. Dry skin also means that face is not as glowy and healthy as it should be. That's where this Catrice beauty steps in! I've bought it a long long time ago and have used it for a few times before but haven't really noticed a difference until recently when I applied it on my friend while doing her makeup.

Catrice Illuminating Base is supposed to be a primer and an overall highlighter all at once. First of all, let me tell you, it has an amazing scent to it! To me, it smells like a lipstick (you know, like the one a mom or someone older would wear) but I just can't put my finger on the actual scent. Although, it is quite strong so might not be everyone's cup of tea, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. The base is a pink nude colored but when blended leaves the most beautiful sheen and makes any face feel more alive. The finish actually reminds me of L'Oreal's Lumi Magique primer's (haven't used it myself but have seen numerous videos of Shaaanxo using it, haha!) and this could probably be it's cheaper alternative. It's more colder toned and makes any foundation look more dewy. But with all that being said, I think there's all there is to it because I haven't noticed any difference in my foundation wear time. 

What is your favorite, illuminating or not, primer?

4 comments:

  1. My favourite primer is Smashbox's blemish control, but I do like an illuminating primer! I'll have to pick this up next time I'm in spain and near a Catrice stand... even if it doesn't work amazingly well, it looks lovely on that photo of it blended!


    Sammy xo.


    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it gives just enough of that glow to make your skin look dewy and gorgeous! I really do like it for that, even if it doesn't make my foundation to last longer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite is benefit Porefessional, I've never used an illuminating one but I would love to see how it would make my skin/foundation look different, KBxx
    www.beautybykaris,com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, never tried that one but would love to! x

    ReplyDelete

Comments means a lot! Thanks for talking to me. I answer every single one ♥

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or tweet me @chantellieve.

Talk to you soon, Eve XO

Design by | SweetElectric