Recent Purchases | September/October

Friday, October 31, 2014

Since I've been working this summer I shopped quite a lot. I've been running out of a lot of necessities and also there's still some makeup I've never had before and needed it in my collection. And that lead me to this post right here, where I will share what I've bought with all of you :)
I've already used and tried out some of this stuff so I'm able to give you tiny reviews but if there's anything that interest you, feel free to leave a comment and I will do a review on it :)
Let's start with face and eye bits I got:

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin foundation in 010 Ivory | HERE
I needed a new foundation and this was on offer so I picked it up and since then I've been using it almost everyday. It's my favorite foundation by far, it gives amazing coverage and doesn't cling onto my dry patches while being matte which is everything I could ask for! 
Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Mascara in Satin Black | HERE
Another thing that was mentioned in the blogosphere and on youtube quite a while ago and it took me a while to get my hands on. I love this! Everyone's been asking if I'm wearing falsies and I love the definition and lenght it gives to my lashes while leaving no clumps. I love plastic wands on mascaras so this is right up my alley!
Essence Superfine Eyeliner Pen 
I've tried another eyeliner pen by Essence a few years back and remember loving it so I picked this one up and was left quite dissapointed. It works well but the line is never quite black like I want it to be and the tip has softened up which makes it quite hard to work with. Still using it from time to time, though.
Essence Eyeshadow in 77 Sandy Says Hello

I was on the hunt for a champagne colored eyeshadow since I go through them like crazy and they always are the firsts to go in any pallette I own. This shadow is not the most pigmented thing on earth but it does the job and I love it for everyday wear.
Now onto blushes:
Essence Blush Up! Powder Blush in 10 Heat Wave | HERE
This blush just screams summer to me. It has 3 colors that can be used seperately or mixed together and I love the versitality. Gorgeous!
Essence Beauty Beats (LE) Blush in 01 Groupie at Heart | HERE
A gorgeous berry blush that is  more on the brighter side. I was at my local drugstore and spotted this on sale because it was from a limited edition that has already ended so I picked this up and didn't regret it.
Essence Sun Club All-over Shimmer in 02 Miami Heat
This beauty I use mainly for highlighting or as a highliting blush/bronzer and it works wonders for illuminating. Sadly can't use this for eyeshadow because my brush is not small enough to pick up only one shade.
As for lips, I bought these to beauts:
Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in 07 Natural Beauty and 09 Wear Berries 

Both of these are amazing. Colors are lovely, finish is semi-matte which I like and they wear very comfortably while not settling into cracks on the lips. 

And then, some skincare bits:
Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Make-up Remover | HERE
Really loving this lately. It removes everything without needing to rub and doesn't leave all that much of an oily residue, just enough to make your eye area feel hydrated and soft.
Lirene 3 in 1 Micellar Solution 
This does absolutely nothing to my face, just smudges my makeup around and leaves it. Haven't been using it and won't.
So, what have you been buying recently? Anything exciting?
 
twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

6 comments:

  1. I just had a recent essence haul, and I love those long lasting lipsticks! Think they are such great quality for the price x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got lots of exciting bits! I haven't tried Essence before, but them lipsticks look gorgeous! The maybelline mascara sounds really good also, I think that's next on my list :)

    Sammy xx
    daintyowl.blogpost.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for reading! you really should try Essence, they make some really good products and they are super affordable for the quality! that mascara is awesome, I'll probably be doing a review soon so look out for that if you want to know more :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks, those essence lipsticks look gorgeous!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete

Comments means a lot! Thanks for talking to me. I answer every single one ♥

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or tweet me @chantellieve.

Talk to you soon, Eve XO

Design by | SweetElectric