Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Mascara | Review & Swatches

Tuesday, December 16, 2014


For a while now everyone has been raving about Maybelline mascaras and I just never got around to trying one, even though I knew I should! And then I stumbled across a sale and this beauty was half the price so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try one for myself, and well, let me tell you, it was worth every penny! Even though it's not their newest release I hope that not everyone has tried this by now and some of you may enjoy reading!

Swatched on my eye, one coat
Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Mascara (here) is beautifully packaged in a nice hot pink tube with black writing and the shade I picked up is Satin Black because in my opinion, the blacker the better! The wand on this one is a nice rubbery one, which is my favorite type, because it coats every single lash, gives nice separation and lenghtens and that for me ticks all the boxes! It has an oval shape which makes me kind of clumsy with application and I always smudge the tip to somewhere around the eye area but that's nothing a q-tip couldn't fix. 
The consistency of this mascara is leaning towards wet but nonetheless, it dries instantly after applying. I do notice it smudging where my lashes touch my eye area throughout the day and that's the only annoying thing about this mascara, although, I haven't found one that doesn't do it, so maybe it's just me? My lashes are naturally pretty long but this mascara definitely gives lots of definition and with more than one coat it makes it look like I have falsies on, which I love! This mascara definitely made me fall in love and I will for sure be trying out other Maybelline's offerings.

Have you tried Maybelline One by One? Do you have any other drugstore recommendations?

twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

5 comments:

  1. I have never tried Maybelline One by One but I am always looking for something new to try! My current drugstore mascara is L'Oreal Voluminous. I like it for just an everyday kind of wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried that one, but heard great things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really nice on your lashes! Shame about the transferring, I have that as well and it is such a pain! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this mascara but I usually like Maybelline's mascaras so I might have to give this one a go!


    www.saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments means a lot! Thanks for talking to me. I answer every single one ♥

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or tweet me @chantellieve.

Talk to you soon, Eve XO

Design by | SweetElectric